Covid-19 Audience Care at Festival Venues
The Festival and its partner venues, the Abbey Arts & Cultural Centre and The Balor Arts Centre, are delighted to welcome back audiences to live theatre, music and comedy performances after the long Covid-19 enforced break. We are, however, equally conscious of our responsibilities with respect to the safe management of our venues and our events in the context of a Covid-19 pandemic that is still very much with us. As such, and as part of our commitment to the continued well-being of visitors, artists and staff, and in our ongoing efforts to assist the community in preventing the spread of Covid-19, our Festival Venues have adhered to Government Guidelines and have implemented the enhanced protocols and procedures you will notice during your visit. Venue staff will be present to assist you with a safe journey through the venues, so please ask for assistance if necessary. The following protocols have been put in place at Festival Venues.
- Audience members are requested to please wear masks when entering Festival venues and while enjoying Festival performances.
- All Festival Venue Staff will be wearing masks or similar PPE.
- Please co-operate with Venue Staff who will show you to your seat and please be guided by social distancing protocols, as advised by Venue Staff.
- Venues are promoting a one-way experience that reinforces social distancing guidelines.
- Venues will endeavour to keep queues as short as possible and appreciate your patience.
- Please make use of venue hand sanitising stations at entry and exit points.
- Additional hand sanitiser dispensers are placed at key points throughout the venues.
- Venues have implemented protective screens at till points.
- Please use contactless card payments where possible. Keypads will be wiped down after each customer.
- Our venues are frequently cleaning and disinfecting throughout their buildings and staff are taking regular hand-washing breaks.
- Our venues have removed excess furniture from their foyers to limit congestion and dwell time.
- Toilets are for customer use only. Social distancing measures are in place within.
- Additional signage to promote handwashing and best hygiene practices have been posted throughout the venues.
- Additional training and PPE have been provided for all venue staff.
What can you do to help our venues promote a healthy environment?
Festival venues are doing all they can to promote a healthy environment, and in doing so, they also rely on you to keep recommended self-care in mind for your safety and the safety of others. Throughout your experience, please be mindful of current Government and HSE guidelines and public health recommendations, which the venues are referring to daily to update their Guidelines, as necessary.
- Know the symptoms: If you or a member of your party has a temperature or is feeling unwell, please visit our venues at another time.
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water, for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Help our venues promote social distancing by distancing yourself appropriately from others who are not part of your party and do not shake hands or hug.
- Please keep your party together, especially if there are children in your group, to help maintain social distancing with other visitors.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing and discard used tissues safely.
Your support is greatly appreciated.
Subscribe and keep up-to-date with all our upcoming events